If you want to apply to the Driving Instructor program you must:
- Hold a valid driver’s licence for more than 4 years (other than class G1, G2, M1, M2, or M(L)).
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have no demerit points on your driver’s record.
- Pass a terminal check at the DriveTest Centre to ensure you meet licensing requirements.
- Pass vision, knowledge and road tests at the DriveTest Centre (fee will apply).
- Obtain a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CR&JMC) or equivalent from the local police department (fee will apply).
- Enrol in a MTO approved Driving Instructor course with one of our college partners (Centennial, Fanshawe or Humber Colleges).
If you have any additional questions, please contact us for more information.