In today’s world, we need to think of ways to protect our environment. Small actions now can go a long way later!
One of the best ways to protect the environment is by buying a fuel-efficient low emissions vehicle. These vehicles are engineered to emit the lowest amount of greenhouse gas. Not everyone can make a vehicle change so here are some other ways you can make a difference.
- How you start and stop your vehicle can impact your carbon footprint and gas mileage. It is best to gradually accelerate by using your toes / top of your shoe. By simply looking well ahead and easing off the accelerator when you notice traffic slowing down or traffic light changes and letting your vehicle slow down on its own, would be more fuel efficient and create less greenhouse gases.
- It is important to keep your vehicle well-maintained by following the recommended maintenance schedule for your vehicle.
- Check your tire pressure at least twice a month and more frequently during cold months as over or under inflated tires can impact gas mileage
- Plan your route to cover all your stops / deliveries with the least amount of backtracking, ”Systematic Order Route”.
- Carpooling with co-workers to work or friends to an event is the most efficient way to reduce vehicle emissions / greenhouse gases
- If you can leave the vehicle at home once or twice a week and take public transit, cycle, or walk to work or the store, you will significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Changing the way we drive will help the environment and improve the fuel economy of your vehicle.